Build a Dynamic List in Pardot
If you’re looking for a quick and easy guide on how to build a dynamic list in Pardot, then look no further, this is exactly what you need.
Ensure you are using Pardot Lightning (The Pardot App located within Salesforce)
Dynamic Lists work differently to Static Lists. They are based on specific rules that run continuously. These are ideal for integrations that communicate with campaign directly.
e.g. event management platform integrations for ticket sales or attendees
IDENTIFY CAMPAIGN AND MEMBERS THAT YOU WANT TO ASSOCIATE TO LIST
Navigate to Campaigns and use the list views, along with the filters to find the campaign that you want to use as a basis for your Dynamic List.
CREATE DYNAMIC LIST
Navigate to Prospects > Segmentation > Segmentation Lists > + Add List
Name your list and associate it to the applicable folder. Then consider the following options for your use case and select the appropriate value:
- Email Test List – This is used when building an internal test list for email sends
- Dynamic List – This is used for dynamic lists. Covered in a separate article
- Public List – This is used to enable the list to be visible in the email preference centre. Doing so allows it to have a name and description added to it that is customer facing
- CRM Visible – This is used to enable the ability to add prospects directly from the campaign using the button ‘Add to Pardot List’
N.B. Selecting Dynamic List will prevent this list from being an Email Test List and CRM Visible.
Selecting Dynamic List and then Create List will take you to setting the rules for the list.
- In the Dynamic List Rules, select “Prospect CRM Campaign” “is” and then select from the dropdown the campaign you identified in Step 1
- Preview the list rules to make sure the numbers are as you expect
- Run the rules.
Wait for segmentation rules to be run.
CONGRATULATIONS! Now you know how to build a dynamic list in Pardot.
FIND OUT MORE
We’ve been in the Sales and Marketing Strategy game for longer than we care to remember, but we pride ourselves on the combined exposure our team has had to different B2B markets globally, and the strategic services we offer your business as a result.
If you are looking for Salesforce / Pardot Support with an existing Org or want to know if Salesforce or Pardot is right for you, get in touch with us for a free consultation or simply a chat. We regularly work alongside Start-ups and Enterprises alike, so we’re certain we will find you a path to growth, whatever your plans.