What We Believe
As a team we believe that all marketing activity can be sub-divided into two distinct categories; “Magic & Logic”.
The concept of “Magic & Logic” was invented by one of our founding directors ~ 7 years ago and as such it runs through the heart of who we are. Best of all, while it is something we live, breath and talk about, it is now a commonly used term in the market. The concept is based on the following:
- In short, the fun stuff!
- The creative aspect of marketing, encompassing the well-recognised areas of consumer insights, the development of a creative message and the selection of a media mix through which to deliver it.
- This remains the overwhelming focus for company marketers and their key advisors (advertising agencies, media businesses and brand and innovation consultancies).
The interesting paradox is that while “magic” commands 80% of marketers’ time, attention and interest, it is “logic” that accounts for 80% of budget spend.
- …the bits we find fun!
- The necessary marketing activities required to deliver the “magical” creative to the end target.
- Following creative development “logic” covers all the subsequent steps in the marketing supply chain including adaptation, localisation, distribution and dynamic archiving and retrieval.
- This is often considered the more functional aspect of marketing and as such receives less focus.
While our team are interested in both aspects, we focus solely on optimising the logic to ensure our clients can focus on making the magic happen!